Economists need education on ‘consciousness’ (also called the ‘mind’)!
The profession of finance, money, and economics has entered a new paradigm where our ‘consciousness’ plays a crucial role in trading, lending, investing, buying, and selling. This is now evident, to me, as I watch the behavior of our Central bankers and our traders…including all the cyber money manipulations and creations now occurring (like QE). To understand the ‘nature’ of money, credit, and our new legal tender currencies (now living within cyberspace) it is necessary that we understand our own ‘consciousness’ or ‘mind’. But who is aware of this phenomena?
So what is ‘consciousness’ and/or the ‘mind’? To comprehend this phenomena we might go back to the days of Socrates and Plato. These philosophers recognized that the human ‘soul’ (also called the psyche, mind, or spirit) was separate and distinct from the flesh and blood body. This philosophy later became known as Dualism. My body is made up of ‘matter’ and is therefore physical/material…but my ‘soul’ (what we call ‘consciousness’ or ‘mind’ today) is actually non-physical/immaterial/meta-physical/spiritual.
Socrates (the teacher of Plato) recognized this reality prior to being put to death by his political contemporaries. These political contemporaries accused Socrates of corrupting the youth of his day and also not recognizing the gods of the State. This rejection of the establishment hierarchy led to the death of Socrates in 399 B.C. (Socrates viewed his ‘soul’ or ‘spirit’ as immortal). Socrates also viewed the political establishment of his day as deceived and corrupt. The political hierarchy could not accept their own fallibility (as human personalities). Humility was not the strong suit of political elites.
Today, these issues from the days of Socrates need to be revisited and understood as our currency units are now UNITS of ‘consciousness’ (no thing units). Our $$$$$$ is now a unit of ‘consciousness’ living within cyberspace. All the international currencies are now units of consciousness (also called ‘mental abstractions’). These UNITS get created from the ‘mind’ or ‘soul’ of select banksters who administer our financial institutions. What we call ‘money’ today is really nothing but ‘mental abstractions’ (no thing units).
To understand this reality it is necessary to review the history of our $$$$$$. Back in 1785 this ‘name’ (dollar) was chosen by Thomas Jefferson (mostly) to be our national currency. But Thomas recognized (apparently) that the ‘name’ (dollar) could not exist as an independent unit for valuation within the greater marketplace. He recognized that this ‘name’ needed to be ‘defined’ in terms of some ‘thing’ which existed and which was perceived to have independent ‘value’. The marketplace revealed that most people had confidence in the commodity called Silver (Ag) and also Gold (Au).
With this awareness of what the marketplace viewed as having ‘value’, Thomas Jefferson was able to assay the primary coin of his day (the Spanish Silver Peso coin) and then use this market driven evidence (some 371.25 grains of Ag) as the definition of our American $$$$$$. The ‘name’ (dollar’) now referred to some ‘thing’ (which existed) and which could be viewed as having ‘value’. Everyone basically agreed with this logic of Thomas Jefferson. All our monetary units were then defined and ‘named’ (with the ‘name’ referring to some ‘thing’ perceived to have ‘value’).
All this logic changed in 1933 – 34 with the FDR administration and later with the Nixon administration in 1971 – 73. The ‘name’ (dollar) referred to a ‘paper’ note from 1933 – 1973 (mostly) and then after the closing of the gold window on August 15, 1971 the ‘name’ (dollar) became a mere abstract ‘number’ within our ‘consciousness’. This happened after our gold supply had diminished from a prewar supply of some 740 million ounces to a 1971 supply of some 274 million ounces. Our ‘dollar’ was decoupled from a ‘thing’ of perceived value (gold) to a ‘no-thing’ unit of ‘consciousness’ (a mere ‘number’ and/or ‘mental abstraction’).
Today, our legal tender is a cyber dollar circulating within cyberspace (called a digital $$$$$$). This unit has no substance (matter), no physical existence (thingness), and no location within our space/time universe (I can’t find it). Since the closing of the gold window (in 1971) also decoupled all international currencies from this object called gold, the result has been that all currencies are now units of consciousness which reside within our inner realm as ‘mental abstractions’ (units of nothing). We can witness this phenomena as our Central bankers create their QE money (quantitative easing) units…for manipulating a cyber currency’s value and for increasing these units for their various monetary policies.
So what is the message of all this history and logic? The message is that we now live with currency units (globally) which are units of consciousness and/or units of nothing. These units have no physical ‘existence’ and they have no physical ‘location’ within our space/time universe. So where are they located? My sense is that they are located within our inner/spiritual/meta-physical mental realm (also called our ‘soul’ and/or our ‘spirit’). Look all around you (right now) for evidence. Can you ‘find’ this ‘thing’ called the dollar ($)? Can you ‘find’ or ‘locate’ any of our global cyber currencies within our space/time universe? The word ‘find’ means possess the unit (say within one’s hand)!
If you can, then please show me where these units reside. I am unable to ‘find’ and/or ‘locate’ our $$$$$$ anywhere. This goes for all cyber/digital currencies. I can find a paper note with the ‘name’ dollar’ printed upon this note. I can find a silver coin with the ‘name’ dollar engraved upon the coin. But I can not ‘find’ this cyber unit (this $) which now lives within cyberspace (our computer screen). I can not access this cyber unit or possess this unit. If I crash the screen to my laptop or smart phone, I still can not access or possess this unit(s) ($$$$$$). Think about this! Where is our money today? Who has it? Who creates it from ‘nothing’? Look (inside your consciousness) and witness reality!
What economists, bankers, investors, traders, and the general public need to comprehend is that our money is now ‘not money’ (in any historical sense). Our legal tender is a cyber unit living within cyberspace (our computer screen). It’s a mere virtual ‘image’ with no existence within our space/time universe. We need to get into our ‘inner’ realm called our ‘mind’ and/or ‘consciousness’ to discover the ‘nature’ of our currency units. This ‘nature’ is now (I would suggest) metaphysical. Listen to the above video on consciousness to gain some understanding. Google consciousness for additional evidence. Enjoy the process! I am: https://kingdomecon.wordpress.com.
Some wisdom for economists/traders/investors/speculators:
- Words and Names derive from our mental realm. This is our consciousness or mind! The ‘name’ dollar ($) and its symbol should be viewed as inner and not outer.
- The word ‘exist’ should refer to an object within our space/time universe. Examples would be silver, gold, copper, wheat, lumber, oil, gas, apples, stones, etc. A non-thing like our current cyber $$$$$$ should not be viewed as ‘existing’.
- Cyberspace is not a physical object or thing. Cyberspace should be viewed as an extension of my/your consciousness. Check out this word called ‘cyberspace’ for further understanding.
- QE creations (called quantitative easing) are now cyber creations. All these QE units derive from the consciousness of real people within our Central banks (Mario Draghi, Kuroda, Yellen, Carney, etc.).
- Another word for today’s cyber dollar is an ‘imaginary’ $$$$$$. Any unit which can not be possessed within my hand could be viewed as imaginary. Examples are our electromagnetic spectrum of frequencies. They are all around us yet no-one can access a unit of frequency (say a light photon).
- The word ‘digital’ and ‘cyber’ are similar. Both refer to a ‘dollar’ which can not be possessed and which derives from the human mind.
- The word ‘virtual’ is also a concept which refers to that which is not within our material space/time universe. Virtual experiences are what we now witness within our greater global monetary universe. These experiences happen within our consciousness, mind, soul, psyche, or inner realm.
- Brain cells can not create a ‘word’, ‘thought’, or ‘virtual’ image. Anyone who understands the philosophy of Dualism recognizes that the mind comes prior to the brain (Socrates, Plato, Descartes, and most spiritual thinkers recognize this reality).
- Mario Draghi does not use a Euro which exists within space/time to create his trillions of QE money. What he does is think up numbers (in his mind) and then punch computer keys to create his legal tender units. This distorts all our greater cyber markets. Exports are affected. Imports are affected. Interest rates are affected. Global liquidity is affected. Is this sound economics?
Another video which may help to understand consciousness is the following:
Fast forward to the 6 minute time frame to get to the core issues. The information is partially valid but not fully. In reality, the mind/body dualism is what we all experience daily as we ‘name’, ‘price’, and ‘label’ all our goods and services. Dualism reveals that consciousness creates brain activity, thoughts, concepts, words, names (not the reverse). Our $$$$$$ today reveals that Dualism is our reality within economics/finance/investing/speculating. Think on this as you watch!
Does Mario Draghi get his Euro currency from his MIND or does he get this unit from Nature? Where does Mario get his Euro’s (now trillions of units called QE) from? That is the ultimate question. Does Mario create Euro’s OUT OF NOTHING!